Everyone needs to understand how to open POSB bank account. POSB is one of the biggest banks in Singapore.
Considering that everything and every transaction is now related to banking service, it is impossible for someone to live without having any bank account.
If you have chosen POSB, you need to know how to open a new bank account there.
Having a bank account there will open your opportunity to do a lot of services related to fund and banking, including transferring funds, using mobile banking and many more.
There are several ways to open new accounts, including making sure that you have come to a nearby branch and get the customer service to open new account for you.
However, you can always do it online as well. The information about it will be shown down below. It will help you opening a new account at POSB easily.
If you understand how to open POSB bank account properly, you won’t get anything wrong with the process. It is easy and the bank account will be yours in no time at all.
Register POSB Bank Account Online
- Go to https://www.posb.com.sg
- Then, select “Help and Support“. On that option, find “Banking” and click it.
- There will be several other options, click “Open an Account with DBS/POSB“.
- Select the option “New to Bank Customers” and then click the type of account you want to open.
- Click “Apply now“.
- As this is your first time, click the option “None of the Above” to the question popping on the screen.
- Choose “Continue without MyInfo” if you don’t have SingPass account.
- Start by filling in your email address and then your mobile phone. Fill other information such as salutation, occupation, gender, etc. through the bottom of the page. Then, click “Continue“
- Fill in your additional details and then verify them by using captcha. Then, click “Save“
- Your request for new account has been processed. You can go to customer service at the branches to finish the application and get the cards and/or related documents to the new account.
What Types of Account I Can Open Online?
You can open almost all types of account, including personal account, joint account, DBS Multiplier account, and many more.
Can I Go to the Branches without Going Through the Online Process?
Yes, you can. It is possible to open the account using the help of the customer service at the branches instead. The branches open from 8 AM to 5 PM every Monday to Friday.
What Types of Document I Need to Prepare for the Bank Account Opening?
You need to prepare essential documents including your ID, utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement, and local telecommunication bill.
Is There Any Charges that I Have to Pay for the Opening Account?
Yes, surely you will be charged for the opening account and you also need to deposit some money into the account. The money will be stored to your account anyway.
If I’m a Foreigner (not Singapore resident), Can I Open a Bank Account?
Yes, it is possible. However, the document requirements will be more complicated. They are including visa, passport and some legal permit depending on the purpose of staying.