The question of how to cancel GIRO Payment OCBC must be in your mind if you have a bank account on OCBC and you have applied for GIRO transaction.
It happens a lot for people to have second thought about the transaction and then they want to cancel or terminate the payment for the GIRO.
Can this be done, anyway? Well, in OCBC Singapore, it sure can.
If you have no idea how to cancel GIRO Payment OCBC, you can find the answer below.
There will be two easy ways to do so. First, you can do it using the online banking service (via laptop/PC).
Second, as the more convenient way, you can cancel the arrangement via downloaded mobile banking application on your device. Well, the details will be shown here.
Cancelling OCBC GIRO Payment using Online Banking
- Go to https://internet.ocbc.com and login to your account.
- On the left hand menu, click “Payment and Transfer“.
- Select “GIRO services“
- There will be several options there, select “View GIRO Payments“
- Take a look at the current account and find the GIRO arrangement you want to cancel/terminate.
- Now, click “GIRO arrangement” on the selected transaction and then click the “Terminate” option on the bottom.
- The selected GIRO transaction now has been terminated / cancelled.
Don’t have OCBC internet banking? Read how to register OCBC internet banking.
Terminate OCBC GIRO Payment Online
- Download OCBC SG Mobile Banking from Google Playstore or App Store and install on the mobile phone
- Login to mobile banking using access code and PIN or using fingerprint ID.
- On the menu bar, tap to reveal all the options.
- Select the option “Pay“
- Then, select the option “GIRO services“
- A few options will appear, including “View or terminate GIRO“. Tap on that option to select and then cancel the GIRO transaction.
- Follow the next few instructions and then the selected GIRO transaction is now cancelled.
Can I Cancel GIRO Transaction By Phone?
Yes, you can. To cancel the GIRO transaction using mobile phone, you can call us at 1800 363 3333. The phone line is on 5 am to 9.30pm Monday to Friday.
Can I Cancel GIRO Transaction by Coming to the Bank Branch?
Well, you can terminate the GIRO transaction by talking to the customer service at any of our branches. The branches are open from Monday to Friday from 09.00 am to 16.30 pm.
Can All Types of GIRO Arrangements Get Cancelled?
You can only cancel or terminate the arrangement of GIRO that is currently in active status. If the status is inactive or it has been finished in the past, you cannot do anything about the transaction.
How Long Does It Take to Terminate the GIRO Arrangement?
For your information, terminating the GIRO arrangement using mobile phone and online banking will give you the immediate effect. The GIRO arrangement will instantly get cancelled.
Can I Check the Status of GIRO Application Afterward?
It can be done both on mobile phone app and the online desktop banking service. If you cancel the GIRO application by phone, ask the operator to check on the status afterward.